Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions
The days when remote access could only be used by a few people are gone. Now, almost anyone can use this technology to connect to their computers from afar. Ever since Windows came up with Remote Desktop, more and more remote access solutions have started to emerge online. These make it easier for people to access their Windows 8 PC even from a remote site. In today’s post, we’ll show you the most commonly used Windows 8 remote access solutions.
What Is Remote Access?
Remote access is a technology that connects two devices in separate locations. With this, it is easier for users to access their computers from afar. Remote access allows users to perform certain computing tasks on a remote computer. This will enable them to use the device as if they were sitting right in front of it. They can use its apps, send files, troubleshoot issues, and manage software updates. Remote access is now being used in all types of industries. Ordinary device users are also starting to use this technology to connect to their computers from a distant spot.
To give you a clearer picture of what remote access is, let’s say that you’re about to go to bed after a long day of work. Your boss suddenly emails you, asking for a file that is stored on your office desktop. Times like this call for remote access. With the help of this tool, you don’t need to go to your office for such a simple task. In just a few clicks, you can access your office desktop from home and send the file your boss needs.
Remote Access Solutions for Windows 8
Fortunately, there are a couple of remote access solutions that cater to Windows users. Here they are:
Windows Remote Desktop
Windows Remote Desktop is one of the earliest remote access solutions available. This tool was developed by Microsoft and first launched after the introduction of Windows XP. Since then, Windows Remote Desktop has gained popularity among users who want to access their devices from afar. Aside from being it’s also quite easy to use and configure within the same network. However, Windows Remote Desktop is disabled by default. To turn this feature on, follow the steps below:
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions — Step 1: Click "Start."
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions — Step 2: Type in "remote access."
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions — Step 3: Select "Allow remote access to your computer."
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions — Step 4: Click "Allow remote connections to this computer" in the System Properties panel.
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions — Step 5: Click "OK."
However, it is worth pointing out that Windows Remote Desktop, in general, can only be used within the same network. If you need to use this tool outside of a local network, then you are required to either expose it on the internet or establish a VPN.
Remote Access Software - ITarian Remote Access
Another great remote access solution for Windows 8 is remote access software. This tool gives you the ability to access a computer from afar. Unlike Windows RDC, remote access software allows its users to establish a remote connection even outside of a local network. Certain remote access software out there cost money, typically around $5 per month. However, there are also remote access software that are free. One of them is ITarian Remote Access.
ITarian Remote Access is a third-party software that allows you to connect to your computer even from a remote spot. This tool, although relatively new, provides its users with an easy and safe remote access experience. ITarian Remote access uses solid encryption technologies that can help you protect your data from unwanted attacks and threats. It also uses a neatly organized panel to store all its tools and features based on categories and uses. To download ITarian Remote Access, follow the steps below:
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 1: Visit the ITarian Remote Access page.
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 2: Click "GET NOW."
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 3: Enter your email address.
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 4: Select "Get Free Now."
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 5: Select "Save File."
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 6: Run the setup file.
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 7: Accept the license agreement.
- Windows 8 Remote Access Solutions - Step 8: Click "Install."
Now that you know a few Windows 8 remote access solutions, you can start accessing your device even if you are not connected to it directly. However, if you want a more convenient and secure remote access experience, then you’re better off investing in tools like ITarian Remote Access.
Interested in getting ITarian Remote Access for free? Send us a message at email@example.com.