Most people and businesses nowadays use remote access to better their work and day-to-day functions. Whether you’re providing in-house IT services or working on a loved one’s device overseas, remote access keeps you in touch with your work commitments and household functions.
However, some people still find it difficult to enable remote access. That's why today, we're here to help. We'll show you how to enable remote access in Windows 8 using Remote Desktop Connection and ITarian Remote Access.
What is Remote Access?
According to ITarian, remote access refers to the “technology that allows users to access a device or a network from an offsite location. It enables users to access systems where they are not physically capable to connect with them directly.” Simply put, remote access enables a user to connect to a computer from a different location. This enables him to use the device as if he is sitting in front of it. He can manage apps, fix issues, and even perform administrative tasks.
Remote access provides a handful of benefits to modern businesses and simple device users. Imagine receiving a business demand while enjoying a quick holiday getaway. With remote access, you can still work on that business emergency without compromising your entire vacation trip. It ensures that business functions are pushed through and business opportunities are maintained.
Central IT departments can also easily manage and control devices that are connected to the corporate network. This can help them address, manage, and assess any technical problems more effectively and efficiently.
Remote Desktop Connection
One way of enabling remote access in Windows 8 is through Remote Desktop Connection or RDC . This Windows feature allows users to access another computer using the same network. To enable RDC, follow the steps as follows (as cited in TekRevue):
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 1: Open your Windows 8 Control Panel (You can either search it from your Start window or through your computer’s Taskbar).
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 2: Click on System Security.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 3: Select Allow Remote Access.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 4: On the Remote Tab, select Allow remote connections to this computer.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 5: Click Apply to save changes.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 6: You can now access a remote computer from anywhere at anytime. (It is important to note that some connections outside of your network will need some additional configurations.)
Users who want to use Remote Desktop Connection frequently needs to change their system’s power options, too. If the remote computer is in sleep mode, you will not be able to make connections with it. However, know that there’s a power management option that keeps your target computer turned on even if no one is administering it.
ITarian Remote Access
Windows Remote Desktop, likewise, has some specific disadvantages on its own. It may not be easy for you to set up RDC outside your office, or if you’re using a different network. In order for it to work, you’ll need to know your server’s IP address along with some login credentials the remote computer needs. This can be inconvenient at times especially if the user is not tech-savvy. However, there are a bunch of free remote access solutions out there that provides easy access wherever you are. One of which is ITarian Remote Access.
ITarian Remote Access is a free remote software that provides remote service and solutions to users who want to access their devices, applications, and data from any offsite location. One of the goals of ITarian Remote Access is to eliminate the need for the physical presence of the user to accomplish a variety of things using a remote computer. With the help of this software, you’ll be able to administer remote device from anywhere at anytime with such ease and comfort.
Enabling remote access using ITarian is incredibly easy to achieve. This free remote access software lets you access a remote computer from anywhere at anytime. To enable remote access using ITarian, follow the steps below as follows (as cited in ITarian Remote Access Guide):
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 1: Open ITarian on your local computer.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 2: Get the user of the remote computer to open ITarian on his or her end.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 3: For this step, you client needs to send you his or her ITarian ID and password.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 4: Select Start Connection
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 5: Type in the ITarian ID and password of the remote computer.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 6: Click Connect.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 7: Get the user of the remote computer to accept the connection request you sent.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 8: Once connected, the remote computer will show a notification box that contains the details of the connection.
- Enable Remote Access in Windows 8 Step 9: You can now take control of the remote computer.
And that’s all there is to it. Enabling remote access in Windows 8 is incredibly easy to do and achieve. Add remote access to your own disposal now and be surprised by how beneficial it is to your business.
If you're considering to install remote access for your business, ITarian Remote Access can for sure, help. We ensure to offer you the best remote access solution so you can maximize your business efficiency and productivity. If you want to know more about ITarian Remote Access, give us a ring at +1 877-422-3865.