Remote Access Windows 7
Most people don't know that Windows 7 comes with a remote access feature. This allows you to connect to computing devices from afar, eliminating the need for you to be physically presented to get a task done. In this guide, we'll show you how to remote desktop connection windows 7.
What Is Remote Access Software?
Remote access refers to the ability to establish a remote connection between two computing devices. Simply put, it allows users to access another computer from a different location. With the help of this technology, a user doesn't need to be where the computer is to access and control it. The remote connection enables the user to accomplish certain computing tasks as if they were sitting right in front of it.
In the past, only certain people were privileged enough to use remote access. Now, almost anyone can use this for any number of practical purposes and uses. Modern dynamics of business are moving at the speed of light, so organizations need a tool that allows them to keep up with such a demanding pace. Remote access Software allows employees to stay connected to their important office files even outside of working hours.
How to Enable Remote Access Windows 7
There are various ways to enable remote access using remote desktop connection windows 7. We've focused on two of the most common remote access solutions for this operating system. Here they are:
1. Windows Remote Desktop Connection (RDC). Windows Remote Desktop Connection is a Microsoft feature that comes in all Windows-running computers. This free Microsoft tool allows users to access another computer from an off-site location. Windows RDC is disabled by default, but enabling this feature is easy to do. To enable Windows RDC, follow these steps:
- Step 1: Launch the "Start" panel.
- Step 2: Right-click the "Computer" icon.
- Step 3: Select "Properties."
- Step 4: Select "Remote Settings."
- Step 5: Click the "Allow connection from computers running any version of Remote Desktop (less secure)" option.
- Step 6: Select "OK."
The problem with Windows RDC is that by default, it can only be used to connect to remote endpoints using the same network. You may need to establish a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or the help of the internet to use this feature outside your local network.
2. Third-Party Software: ITarian Remote Access
If you want to connect to remote endpoints outside your network with little to no inconvenience, then consider investing in third-party software. This type of program, just like Windows RDC, can grant you the ability to connect to computing devices from remote locations. Typically, third-party software needs the help of the internet to establish a remote connection. Once installed on both the local and remote servers, using one is easy.
If you're looking for affordable yet effective third-party software, then consider getting ITarian Remote Access. This Remote access software allows users to connect to remote endpoints from anywhere at any time. Although relatively new, ITarian Remote Access is both easy and safe to use. Even non-tech savvy users can use this software with ease and convenience. Standout features of ITarian Remote Access ar:
- Secure Remote Access. ITarian Remote Access uses solid encryption technologies that protect your remote sessions from being maliciously recorded.
- Session Confirmation. ITarian Remote Access requires all users to provide the necessary login credentials to ensure that all access requests made on the remote device are authorized and authenticated.
- Firewall Free. ITarian Remote Access doesn't require you to open up your firewall settings in order to connect to remote endpoints.
- Auto-Update. ITarian Remote Access provides you with its latest offerings through its auto-update technology.
To download Remote desktop Access, follow these steps below:
- Step 1: Search for "ITarian Remote Access" on Google.
- Step 2: On its website homepage, click "GET NOW."
- Step 3: Type in your email address.
- Step 4: Click "GET NOW" again.
- Step 5: Click "Save File."
- Step 6: Run the setup file.
- Step 7: Accept the license agreement.
- Step 8: Click "Install."
- Step 9: Select "Launch."
To summarize, remote access software can provide you with a more convenient and safe remote access experience. With this, you don't need to worry about creating a VPN Access or exposing your device to the internet to connect to remote endpoints outside your network. Now that you know how to remote access Windows 7, it's time for you to use this knowledge to widen your connectivity and virtual reach.
Interested in ITarian Remote Access? Then click here to get yours for free.