Best Remote Access Software 2021
Technology helps different businesses in a lot of ways. You can store you company’s files using a cloud-based service or set up your own file server. You can also access these files from another location such as your home. A remote control software aka remote access software will meet your business needs.
But how do you know which remote control software is the best for your business In this article, you’ll first learn what remote access means. You will then know the best features to look for in remote control software. Finally, you’ll know how to connect to a remote computer.
Remote Control Software: Definition Of Terms
You’ll better understand complex terms by first breaking them into smaller pieces. Remote control software has three words in it. We’ll define each word first, then arrive at a logical definition.
Remote – this word is synonymous with the words far and distant. It tells about a faraway location.
Control – is the ability to manage and limit access to information.
Software – is a computer application or program that fulfills a task or meets a human need.
Remote Control Software is a computer program that offers remote connectivity to people. This application helps us in making file transfers and screen sharing. Remote control software is also very applicable in troubleshooting remote desktop computers. You’ll know about the different features of remote control software in the next section.
Remote Control Software: Features Checklist
What makes a software stand out from the competition are its great features. Choosing the right product will determine the success of your business. Here are the best features to look for in a remote control software:
1. Your application should first be able to provide remote connectivity. Your app is useless if it doesn’t let people from distant places to connect to your network. It should handle remote sessions with ease.
2. Your remote control software should run on different operating systems. It’s a good thing when distant people using Mac OS or Linux can connect to your network.
3. The remote desktop connection that your application provides should be secure. It should offer solid encryption methods.
4. Your remote control software should have unattended access feature. This allows you to connect to the client’s computer when the owner isn’t around. This is very useful when troubleshooting remote computers.
5. Your remote control software should allow file sharing between people from different places. This is one of the primary reasons for using remote control software. Being able to upload work data anytime and anywhere is very convenient.
6. Your remote desktop software should also run on different platforms. It should run on a web browser and mobile device as well. It’s convenient if we can connect to the remote PC at work using our smartphones and the browser in it.
7. Your remote access tools should also offer a built-in chat system. This will let you communicate faster with your clients. A non-techy client needs troubleshooting help. Having a built-in chat system will result in a good customer experience.
8. Your remote control software should support a multi-screen setup. Some of your clients use several monitors for their computing needs.
9. Your remote control software should have an auto-update feature. Updates are very important because it contains bug fixes, driver upgrades, among others. Updating itself is a good feature and adds a layer of security as well.
10. Video session recording is another good feature. This is very useful if you want to record a meeting with your boss or client. You can also record your troubleshooting session with the tech support guy.
Remote Control Software: How To Access A Remote Computer
You might be wondering by now how you can connect to a remote PC. There are two ways you can connect to a remote computer. You can connect using Window’s Remote Desktop Connection.
Remote Control Software: Conclusion
Providing remote connectivity to your employees has a lot of advantages. A remote control software has a lot of great features that can help improve your company’s day-to-day operations. With that said, you must consider incorporating this technology to your company’s
Remote Desktop Connection Manager