Setup Remote Access
VPN vs. Remote Access Software
When remote access comes up in a discussion, most people think of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) . This solution has earned a solid reputation when it comes to securing remote sessions and networks. However, the demand for effective remote access software has seen a significant increase in the past couple of years, and another remote access solution has been on the rise. This technology, just like a VPN, provides users with an easy and safe remote access experience.
In this guide, we’ll compare both remote access solutions that help you set up remote access technology. We’ll also discuss their advantages and weaknesses to help you decide which solution is best for your business.
Most people have the perception that a VPN is the safest remote access solution out there. Granted, it does automatically encrypt your remote sessions, but using one also comes with a number of security risks and concerns. The problem with using a VPN is that your computer becomes part of the network you’re being connected to. So, any malware lurking around that network can be transferred to your device.
Remote access software, on the other hand, allows you to separate your own device from the network to which you’re connected. This means your device or network is safe from any malware outside their walls and premises. Just like a VPN, remote access software also uses encryption technologies. This protects the confidentiality of your network from unwanted access and malicious attacks.
Remote access software also has the ability to limit user access and disable certain functionalities. This feature is necessary to ensure that your employees follow your company’s rules and guidelines when it comes to using remote access.
Setting up a VPN is quite complicated and technical, to say the least. You may need to have a solid IT team of people who can configure the technicalities. However, if the VPN is not properly installed, then your company might face a bigger problem in terms of security and protection. Conversely, remote access software is easy to download and install. This may be the better remote access solution if you don’t have a dedicated IT team in your company.
Remote access, in general, is easier to use than a VPN. With this, you don’t need to install any additional programs for it to perform effectively. With the help of an internet connection, you can pretty much connect to remote endpoints from anywhere at any time.
In contrast, a VPN may require your employees to set up certain programs that are quite complicated and intimidating. Those who don’t have any IT expertise may also find it difficult to configure a VPN every time they want to establish a remote connection.
Both of the mentioned solutions are great. However, remote access software offers more functionalities that can ensure the security of your network and system. If you’re considering adding remote access to your own arsenal, then try acquiring ITarian Remote Access.
This Remote access software is easy to set up, configure, and deploy. It uses solid encryption technologies and helps protect the confidentiality of your network against unwanted access and forced entries. Furthermore, it requires all users to undergo a strict verification process to ensure that all access made on your remote network or device is authenticated and authorized.
To set up ITarian Remote Access, follow these steps:
- Setup Remote Access Step 1: Visit the ITarian Remote Access website. https://remoteaccess.itarian.com/
- Setup Remote Access Step 2: Select “GET NOW.”
- Setup Remote Access Step 3: Enter your email address.
- Setup Remote Access Step 4: Click “Save File.”
- Setup Remote Access Step 5: The saved file will go directly to your Downloads folder.
- Setup Remote Access Step 6: Run the setup file.
- Setup Remote Access Step 7: Accept the license agreement.
- Setup Remote Access Step 8: Click “Install.”
- Setup Remote Access Step 9: Launch the app.
Once installed, you can now connect to remote endpoints by following the steps below:
- The software needs to be downloaded on both the local and remote computers.
- Open the software on both the local and remote computers.
- Write down the ITarian ID number and password of the remote computer.
- Click “Start Connection.”
- Enter the ID number and password of the remote computer.
- Click “Connect.”
- The remote endpoint user will receive your request to access.
- The remote endpoint must accept your request within 60 seconds.
- Once accepted, you can now access the remote endpoint.
If you’re interested in getting ITarian Remote Access, then email us at email@example.com.